|Description||B. Evans, model 1816 musket converted to percussion. The lockplate is stamped, "B. Evans, Valley Forge, 1824."|
|Owned||William A. Updike|
|Owner Regiment||14th Virginia Infantry, Co. B, "Bedford Rifle Grays"|
|Made||B. Evans, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania|
|Provenance||This musket was used during the Civil War by Mr. Updike of Leesville, Bedford County, Virginia. He also used the revolving rifle (0985.13.135). The owner is possibly William A. Updike, a Corporal in Co. B, 14th Virginia Infantry, "Bedford Rifle Grays."|
Updike, William A.