|Description||White silk blouse with light red silk embroidery on wrist cuffs, neck collar, and down front opening. Slightly gathered at self waistband, long gathered sleeves. Two hook-and-eye closure at waist. Holes where brooches may have been pinned, center front.|
|Owned||Mrs. James E. Spears|
|Owner Regiment||24th South Carolina Infantry, Co. B, "PeeDee Rifles"|
|Provenance||The blouse was apparently donated with the green silk taffeta dress by Mrs. J. E. Spears of Marlboro County, South Carolina as part of her bridal trousseau. She married Capt. James E. Spears on February 9, 1860.|
Spears, James E., Mrs.