|Object Name||Cup, Invalid|
|Description||The invalid cup is made of glazed white ceramic, with a fan tail, a spout, and a scalloped half-cover. The spout has a raised neck and is shaped like a water fowl.|
|Dimensions||H-2 W-3.375 L-6 inches|
|Owner Regiment||Emory Hospital|
The invalid feeding cup was used in the Emory Hospital from 1862-1864. The soldiers there called it the "Little Goose," due to its "animated" appearance. Dr. Thaddeus C. Montague was the Surgeon in charge of Emory Hospital.
"A feeding cup used by [Dr. Thaddeus Montague] in Emory Hospital [1862-1864]. There was only one feeding cup and was of course used for only the very sick patients. The soldiers affectionaltely called it the 'Little Goose' because of its shape." (donor letter)
Montague, Thaddeus C.
Medical equipment & supplies