|Object Name||Chandelier and Fixture, Gas|
|Description||This six arm gasolier has a bronze finish with gilt floral accents and gilt finish globe supports. There is a spiral shaft with middle spinnings, one gold, one black. There is a helmeted lion figure on the first spinning.|
This gasolier is possibly one of seven gasoliers attributed in 1896 to the original furnishings of the White House of the Confederacy, 1861-1865.
The introduction of gas lighting to Richmond in 1851 allowed Lewis Crenshaw to add gasoliers to his mansion. Seven of the gasoliers in the restored mansion were in the house in the 1860s.
Confederate Executive Mansion (tentative)
Confederate White House (tentative)
Executive Mansion (tentative)
White House of the Confederacy (tentative)
Richmond, Virginia (tentative)