TACWM logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Chair, Side
Catalog Number 1968.013.00004
Description One of two (2) mahogany Louis XV style balloon back chairs with an upholstered seat and back.
Dimensions H-35.25 W-20 D-20 inches
Owned Anderson family
Provenance These chairs are from the Archer Anderson House, 103 W. Franklin St., at the corner of Adams and Franklin. The house was built in 1815 for Carter B. Page as a two story Federal Style house and enlarged with a third story by Colonel and Mrs. Archer Anderson when they purchased it in 1880. Their daughter, Kathleen Graham Anderson Bourland, was the last family member to live in the home. She died in July 1966 at age 89. She was the youngest of the Anderson's six children.
People Anderson family
Subjects Furniture
Chairs
Seating furniture