|Object Name||Chandelier and Fixture, Gas|
|Description||This gasolier had six arms, one is missing. There are scroll designs on the lower shaft with floral and leaf designs decorating the entire shaft and spinnings.|
|Owned||Lewis D. Crenshaw|
This gasolier was used in the Alabama Room and was attributed to the original furnishings of the White House of the Confederacy during the Davis occupation, 1861-1865. This gasolier was unable to be used in the restoration due to the loss of one chandelier arm.
The introduction of gas lighting to Richmond in 1851 allowed Lewis Crenshaw to add gasoliers to his mansion. Seven of the gasoliers in the restored mansion were in the house in the 1860s.
Crenshaw, Lewis Dabney
Confederate Executive Mansion
Confederate White House
White House of the Confederacy