Pattern: N/A flag; blue field; silk. Obverse: Central North Carolina state seal depicting two female figures with unit name and "Organized March 15th 1860" in gold paint. Signed by manufacturer, "Hortsmann, Philada." Reverse: Central seal with presentation history inscription, "E. Pluribus Unum" and "Greensboro N. Carolina" in gold paint. Conserved
Border: Yellow silk fringe on 3 sides.
Unit Designation: "Guilford Greys" in oil paint.
Battle Honors: None.
|Material||textile (silk); paint|
|Dimensions||H-64 W-72 inches|
|Owner Regiment||27th North Carolina Infantry, Co. B, "Guilford Greys"|
|Made||Horstmann, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Provenance||Flag of the 27th North Carolina Infantry, Co. B, "Guilford Greys". Designed by Dr. D. P. Weir and made in Philadelphia by Horstmann and Sons. Presented to the unit by the Ladies of Edgeworth Female Seminary, Greensboro, North Carolina, at the coronation of their May Queen, Mary Moorehead, May 1860.|
unidentified women of Edgeworth Female Seminary, Greensboro, North Carolina
Weir, D. P.