|Description||One of two pieces of triangular cloth that are sewn together: this one is slightly larger and features a blue and white weave.|
|Owned||J. J. McIver|
|Made||unidentified slaves, McIver plantation, Darlington, South Carolina, CSA|
The two pieces of cloth were used in making suits worn by Maj. J. J. McIver of Darlington, South Carolina, during the war.
The 1860 census shows that a J. J. McIver of Darlington County, South Carolina, owned 46 slaves.
McIver, J. J.
unidentified slave (tentative)
unidentified African American (tentative)
African Americans (tentative)