|Object Name||Chandelier and Fixture, Gas|
|Description||The gasolier has four bronze arms with a reverse scroll motif. The cylindrical center is decorated with a floral motif.|
|Made||Cornelius and Baker, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
This gasolier is possibly one of the seven gasoliers attributed in 1896 to the original furnishings of the White House of the Confederacy, 1861-1865.
The introduction of gas lighting to Richmond in 1851 allowed Lewis Crenshaw to add gasoliers to his mansion. Seven of the gasoliers in the restored mansion were in the house in the 1860s; most were manufactured by the nation's leading firm, Cornelius & Baker, of Philadelphia, PA.
Confederate Executive Mansion (tentative)
Confederate White House (tentative)
Executive Mansion (tentative)
White House of the Confederacy (tentative)
Richmond, Virginia (tentative)