Pattern: First National flag; silk.
Stars: Remnants of seven gold-painted, 5-pointed.
Unit Designation: None.
Battle Honors: None.
|Dimensions||H-46 W-65.25 inches|
|Owner Regiment||10th Georgia Regiment, Co. B, "Letcher Guards"|
|Made||Ladies of Augusta, Georgia, CSA|
Flag of the 10th Georgia Regiment, Co. B, "Letcher Guards". Made and presented to the unit by the Ladies of Augusta, Georgia, May 1861, on their departure for Virginia.
The flag was presented on May 24, 1861, by Mrs. T. W. Chichester, "a patriotic daughter of Augusta". The company marched from the parade ground to Mr. Chichester's residence, where Jos. Ganahl, Esq., made a presentation speech. The company then marched to the train station, where they departed for Richmond.
unidentified women of Augusta, Georgia
Chichester, T. W., Mrs.
Chichester, T. W.