|Object Name||Chandelier and Fixture, Gas|
|Description||This three arm gasolier has the figure of Sir Walter Scott on the base. The gasolier is made from French bronze with gilt brass pipes and gilt ornaments.|
This gasolier is possibly one of seven attributed in 1896 to the original furnishings of the White House of the Confederacy, 1861-1865.
The introduction of gas lighting to Richmond in 1851 allowed Lewis Crenshaw to add gasoliers to his mansion. Seven of the gasoliers in the restored mansion were in the house in the 1860s.
Confederate Executive Mansion (tentative)
Confederate White House (tentative)
Executive Mansion (tentative)
White House of the Confederacy (tentative)
Richmond, Virginia (tentative)