TACWM logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object Name Chair, Hall
Catalog Number 1966.005.00004a
Description One of two (2) straight back hall chairs that are made of mahogany with spindle turned uprights and pierced cresting. They have hinged seats that open to reveal an inner compartment.
Dimensions H-49 W-19 D-17 inches
Owned Anderson family
Provenance This chair came from the Archer Anderson House, 103 W. Franklin St., on the corner of Adams and Franklin. The house was built in 1815 for Carter B. Page as a two story Federal Style house, and was enlarged with a third story by Colonel and Mrs. Archer Anderson when they purchased it in 1880. Their daughter, Kathleen Graham Anderson Bourland, was the last family member to live in the home. She died in July 1966 at age 89. She was the youngest of the Anderson's six children.
People Anderson family
Subjects Furniture
Chairs
Seating furniture