|Collection||CONFEDERATE MILITARY LEADERS COLLECTION|
|Scope & Content||
Robert E. Lee to Mrs. Louis (Lewis) D. Crenshaw, June 1864
Physical Appearance: The letter is a photocopy of a handwritten transcript of the original, dated June 1864, from Robert E. Lee to Mrs. Louis (Lewis) D. Crenshaw at Camp 3. Lee thanks her for the bread received.
The City of Richmond purchased the Crenshaw house at 12th & Clay Streets in 1861. The house served as the Confederate White House during the war and as the Confederate Museum from 1896 to 1976.
|Creator||Lee, Robert E., Gen.|
Lee, Robert E.
Crenshaw, Ann Abigail Bosher [Mrs. Lewis Dabney]