|Object Name||CLIPPING, NEWSPAPER|
|Date||October 22, 1934|
|Scope & Content||
Stonewall Jackson Font Restored at St. John's Church in Fort Hamilton after Half Century in Discard
Physical Appearance: October 22, 1934 - Clipping from "Brooklyn Times" [NY] - Article, "Stonewall Jackson Font Restored at St. John's Church in Fort Hamilton after Half Century in Discard" - Concerns restoration of baptismal font at St. John's Protestant Episcopal Church, at Fort Hamilton Parkway and 99th Street. Gives history of the church, also known as "Church of the Generals." Notes the use of the font in the baptism of Major Thomas J. Jackson, U. S. Army, on April 29, 1849. Mentions that Captain Robert E. Lee of the U. S. Engineers Corps served on the vestry of the church. Also has two images with the article: 1) St. John's P. E. Church, and 2) then current rector, Rev. Robert Y. Condit with the font. The clipping is inside a brown, archival envelope. A color photocopy of the article is available in the folder.
|Creator||Byck, Lester L.|
|Archival History||The newsclipping was formerly located in the MC 3 J-517 files.|
CML JACKSON COLLECTION